Board of Management Meeting
6th February 2019
- The Board of Management ratified the following policies. Relationships and Sexuality Education Policy, Special Educational Needs Policy and Assistive Technology Policy.
- The school calendar for next year has been approved by the BOM and is attached to this report.
- The Board of Management would like to sincerely thank Myah-Rose Looney for holding a cake sale in Mount Sackville and donating the funds to Coiscéimeanna.
- Well done to our 5th class who represented the school with pride at the Peace Proms concert last Saturday.
- We encourage all parents to check our school website http://scoilbhridens.ie/index.php/school-evaluation/ for the Irish phrase of the week each Wednesday. Perhaps you could try them yourself at home! Thank you to Ms O Donovan and the student council for their time and energy on encouraging pupils to speak Irish.
- The Board of Management wishes the very best of luck to Shauna Kenny as she represents Kilbride at the national swimming championships this Sunday and to Tara Howard who is playing in the half time match during the Meath and Armagh match this Sunday.
- The flooring in three classrooms was replaced over the Christmas holiday.
- The school will soon be moving to Aladdin Connect. This communication system will allow parents to receive alerts to the Aladdin app and has a parent portal which allows the school to securely share information with parents such as report cards, attendance, test results. The school will be in contact with more details for parents on how and when to download this app over the coming weeks.
- The school will close on the 20th February for training on the new language curriculum.
- The BOM would like to make parents aware of the national substitute crisis. Many schools are operating without several teaching positions. We are fortunate to have a full cohort of fully trained teaching staff. However, the lack of trained substitute will make it almost impossible to fill short term subbing positions. Thank you to our staff who have facilitated filling short-term shortages as best as possible.
- All members of the school community are reminded that our school is a nut and kiwi free zone. We thank you for your continued support as it is vital to ensure the safety of several our pupils.
- Safety at Drop off and Pick Up times: We must remain vigilant regarding safety, at drop off and pick up times. In order to maintain a safe and free flowing system, we ask that cars do not stop on or block the middle lane. Children must use the pedestrian crossing and it would be appreciated if parents would also reinforce this message. Please do not park on a pedestrian crossing. It is also important to note that pupils are under parent supervision before 9:10am.
- WhatsApp and Social Media: The BOM wishes to remind all members of our school community that no member of the school community should be discussed on social media. Any language used about the school or any of its stakeholders should always be respectful.
- Parents are reminded of the school’s Child Safeguarding Statement and risk assessment which is available on our website and in hard copy from the office.
- The Board of Management wish to acknowledge the continued hard work of the staff in Scoil Bhride.
We thank you for your continued support.